Getting back into a work out routine always goes the same for me. 1st two weeks i can only do one Karen Voight "Strong & Streamlined" workout. By Monday, I'll be able to do 2 then 3 & from there I do walking or pilates or yoga inbetween.
Karen Voight & Gin Miller have been my foundational work outs since the 80's. What a blessing. They warm you up, work you out, warm you down & YOU FEEL AWESOME during & afterwards.
I've come to the conclusion. I've realized that "emotions" are dictating my life. Maybe one of the reasons i went through a nasty litigation (4 yrs.!), is so I can learn to get the emotion out of the picture. Because the court of law doesn't care about emotions it only cares about the law.
Perhaps the laws of health are the same?
I always feel so awesome when I work out & forever ask myself, "Why don't I do this everyday???" I literally LIGHT up as if on stage! My Son laughed at me last week when he saw me working out because I was smiling & executing the moves as if in front of an audience. It's a habit I picked up from high school drill team practice or songleading. The rule was, "The way you practice is the way you will perform."
Lazy execution (marking the movemnet half way) typicaly resulted in like performance when we were in front of the crowd or competition. Some things live on.
GOAL: By JUNE 30 (6 weeks from now) I should be 20 pounds lighter & feeling like a new person. Incidentally, today I went to the docs & he thinks all my numbing areas are from pinched nerves & not artery problems which is great! Losing weight, eating primo & sleeping should take care of my issues coupled with chiro & elbow & wrist braces. (update. I won't be 20 pounds lighter by june 30 that's for sure but working on it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment