Saturday, May 9, 2009

8 Months Ago

Eight months ago I saw a picture of me that about sent me to my grave.  It shocked me so bad I thought..."That CANNOT be me!  No Way....Look how  big my head & my body look!" 

That was the day I decided to do something about my weight & end the constant self incrimination process for not being who & what I wanted to be.  The day the picture was taken I was at a company retirement dinner for a guy that's been with the company for 40 years.  I thought I was looking pretty good, but boy was I delusional.

At the dinner party I met 2 people who I couldn't recognize because one lost 80 pounds in less than a  year & the other lost 30 pounds in 4 months.  Neither one did much exercise except the 80 lb loser walked for an hour every day.  

I signed up for their program.  Since then I lost 20 lbs but am pretty disappointed with how slow it's going.  I don't drive so I can't seem to create a system where I can get out & buy  stuff for salads.  The meal plan is:

  • Eat Small Portions
  • No Carbs at dinner or later
  • Eat 2 Salads with anything you want on it a day
  • Exercise
  • Take these pills 2 x's a day (fat burner & energy)
  • Once a week ear acupunture & Vitamin B injection
So...the las part has been impossible.  I average once a month because I don't drive and I lost my hired drivers to extra-curricular activities and a busy bunch in my house.  

I've decided today (AGAIN) It's time to move forward and GO FOR IT!  I love my DVD workouts now that the year is about half way through....I'm going to hit this October (my 1 yr. anniversary decision to LOSE WEIGHT & FEEL GOOD) and have ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL of being the appropriate size for my height.  

On the bright side of this slow process...I've gotten fit enough to where I can do moves that my excess weight used to keep me from doing.  I can tie my shoes without feeling like I ran a marathon.  My back pain has diminished considerably with the exception that it flares up during pms.   So....here goes another COMMITMENT" to Succeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is LynMarie

Great job on meeting your goals. It looks like you're not letting anything stop you.