When I asked for some water, they served me a glass that was the size of a shot glass. When we ate meals, everything was served in very small dishes. Even the tea cups which are small anyways in the U.S. were incrementally smaller in Japan.
Let me tell you. In the 2 weeks there, I have never felt better & more energetic in my life. I slept all I wanted, had no stress at all since I left my life behind & had no contact to anyone I could understand & I ate a fraction of what I normally eat in the U.S. yet I was completely satisfied!
No processed foods. A typical day went like this. Breakfast by 8 am. Lunch by noon. Dinner by 5. In between meals we were served a variety of fresh fruit slices. And someone always brought a light & not very sweet pastry.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner were typically the same if my aunts cooked: A small bowl of Miso Soup w/ cabbabe, potato's or what not. A small bowl of rice, a very small piece of fish or other protein. There was always yogurt, fruit & jello cups available if you were extra hungry. The rice & soup was plenty.
When dining out, Miso soup, an entree, small bowl of rice & a small salad with a good sesame dressing. They always served coffee & tea & of course water. I never saw soda in the house unless my Uncle specifically bought me one. Healthy lifestyle. No wonder they stay thin & look young!
No comments:
Post a Comment