Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Monday, Monday....

I never give up even though I shouldn't have to start over every single week.  It's like a warped, broken record or feels more like "Groundhog Day"

What's different this week is that my husband has joined me in walking!  Now what a real surprise.  We have lived here for 13 years now & I can probably count our walks through our neighborhood on one hand.  It's been a nice, sweet change & able to report 2 days of walking in a row.

With more movement & activity comes more hunger.  The other days I've followed the eating plan, I felt satisfied but yesterday & today...i've got a ravage hunger.

After our walks I make us Smoothies with a whole fuji apple, bananas, strawberries, fresh pineapple (i forze) & after serving the boys I throw in Kale for me.  It's a great way to start the day.  Then lunch was a brown rice bowl topped with lightly seasoned veggies which I halved to make 2 servings.  Dinner I ate a 1/2 pbj (had a craving....)

I can't understand how I can drink a smoothie packed with nutrients & an hour later eat a hotdog & spicy lime cup a noodle with a 1/4 cup of rice on top.  It's only 10 AM!!!  I'm determined to clean at lesat 3 rooms today AND WORK OUT.

I blew out my knee the last time I worked out so have been staying away from high intensity work outs but after this crappy binging....it's TIME.  More to come whether you like it or not.  : )  I just love talking to myself.  I love you.

I just realized that Dr. Furhman said that your brain doesn't register full & satisfired when eating junk because the brain can't recognize anything useful in the consumption of say...my hotdog & spicy cup of noodles with rice!  I bet if I had eaten an apple like I planned but forgot to do in that moment of hunger I would have been satisfied & content.  Lesson learned again.

No comments: