Thursday, March 28, 2013

Subtle but noticeable.

I've noticed I'm weak but not surprising.  I also noticed that I will stray almost as soon as I commit also not a surprise but still surprises me that I'm not disciplined!

Here's what I noticed.  I lost 2 pounds following the first day on the plan!

I've been sticking with the program "except" find myself eating chicken daily. My husband bbq'd legs & thighs with just seasoning so not too bad as very little animal protein. Following the plan said: NO ANIMAL PROTEIN.

Yesterday I was fine until 8 pm.  My family ate my FAVORITE meal.  Hebrew National hotdogs & bbq chips!  I could smell it but because I ate so well all day, didn't care.  Not a single craving.  Then the bad, stupid thing happened.

My son left 3 open bags of chips on the counter.  I had gotten a new book to read & started in on it.  When I went into the kitchen for a break, I stuck my hand in one of the bags & the rest of my night was history!  I went to bed but got up around midnight.  Started in on my book, grabbed a Pelleogrino Blood Orange soda & apple strudel.  Stupid again & went to bed around 2:30am.

Oh the confessions of a junk food addict.  All the best of intentions & self loathing.  However, here's the GEM that I discovered upon waking this morning.

I reflected back on this week so far.  Usually I can sleep all day every day & average 3 hour naps daily  on top of my normal night's rest. That's 21 hours of day light time! That's a part time job doing something or imagine the body I could have walking & strength training in 21 hours a week!    I've been naturally tired every single day of my life since graduating high school.  Now here's what I noticed but didn't really grasp until this morning.

Effects of following the plan:
  • Unable to take a nap.  Seriously, all I can do is rest but not fall sleep during the day
  • I notice I want to exercise & I do!
  • I noticed that this morning after a night of eating junk food I felt depressed & unmotivated (Example: all week I've been looking forward to taking a sister I visit teach (VT) to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday.  Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE eating out with my friends!) 
  • I didn't feel like getting out of bed despite my eager anticipation towards my goals today
  • Ding ding ding ding.....!!!  OMGOSH....is it possible that the junk food actually causes symptoms of depression???  Is it possible what Dr. Furhmann says is true? I mean for the past 4 years to lift the unmotivated, lethargic, unable to think clear me, I've utilized a weight loss doctor's resources of Rx's & b12 to combat all those things I hate about my existence.  And now implementing common sense Adam & Eve diet; I can feel the same effects without the guilt & knowledge that what I was doing could potentially hurt me.  (shrink arteries, etc.) BTW (by the way): My lab work always resulted in all normal panels except for low V-D & DHEA causing me to find my own way to an existence I can be excited about.
IF YOU FOOLOW THE PLAN PERFECTLY:
  • Brain fog will be lifted
  • You will have more energy & want to exercise
  • etc.  (list in previous post-below)
I believe I know the answer.  So maybe I am weak & strayed from the plan but today I  CAN FOLLOW it & truly feel it's powerful effects all day long.  Started this day after dragging myself out of bed...made a breakfast smoothie.

Strawberry, banana, oranges from my tree & spinach = Breakfast Smoothie (Noticing I am extrememly full drinking ONE glass every morning & it sustains me til lunch.

UPDATE: Went to Cheesecake Factory & met my friends there.  I discovered that I was still full but wanted to enjoy lunch with everyone so I ordered a great salad with macadamia nuts, oranges, avocado, greens, herbs, etc. with a light vinaigrette.  Insanely good but only ate HALF.

This week I've discovered I don't want to eat all my food.  I'm full after a few bites.  Is that weird for me or what?  Usually I can eat breakfast, eat a HUGE lunch with diet soda, hate on myself, go home eat ice cream or other junk food, drink non caffeinated Starbucks (cold or hot depending on weather), eat more snacks, eat dinner, have ice cream, make that 3 servings at least...binge & go to bed & start all over & seriously think nothing of it!

Now....eating healthy without a single diet soda & drinking only water w/ lemon OR pure fresh fruit somoothies, I'm not able or want to finish my meals.  You'd think eating veggies & salads would starve a person to death but I seriously feel FULL.  I eat apples or oranges off my tree for snacks.  4 days into FOLLOWING the PLAN and I FEEL the POWERHOUSE effects changing who I am.  I feel a sense of real joy & satisfaction.  I feel HOPE.

No comments: